Saturday, January 02, 2016

an intention for the new year

A walk in the woods this morning, on a mission.
Stone in my hand, wrapped in colors I coaxed from nature.
Time for an offering. Sowing a seed of intention. A prayer.


When I stopped at my usual tree I found it was already occupied with a clump of leaves and twigs that looked as if they'd been placed there. I dared not disturb it. Not my place.
Down around the corner another tree would act as nursery. An older oak with two split limbs like praying hands.




I placed my stone, said a few words, and walked back to the house.


Live.

Had there been more room on my stone would say "Live this life. Live it well and good and full. None of it is promised, so live." 
But since this stone is just wee, there it is.
Live.




7 comments:

Ariadne said...

So touching, happy new year! AriadnefromGreece!

Cathy said...

Beautiful and inspiring post, thank you.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

A very inspiring intention. It's all we can really do in this life with true integrity. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

A wonderful offering! Happy New Year to you and your family! And your wonderful woods-may it continue to inspire you!

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Very powerful !
Wishing you the best for 2016, dear friends !
Let's live our lives to the fullest !
xoxo

StaroftheEast said...



Beautiful and inspiring gesture. It is good to give nature back its do.

Happy New Year!

kathy said...

I decided to follow your lead and place a felted stone in a perfectly sized woodpecker hole. Maybe that's why every time I went back to look at it, it had been pulled and finally pecked out of the tree. The rock was returned to the ground and hopefully it wasn't too frustrating for the bird!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails