Wednesday, September 17, 2014

work in progress wednesday

I used to do "wordless Wednesdays" but wasn't always successful at the "wordless" part so today I'm going to say this is a "work in progress Wednesday".

A small pile of stones is starting.
A collection of tones that remind me of the changing foliage outside my door, the richness of Autumn.

I'm hoping to get a sizeable stack of these completed before I put them in my shop.  I'll share photos in the process.

The maples and cherry trees are already glowing with color here and the light has that warm golden glow.  I could live in Autumn, but the joke here is that Fall is the best week of the year here in MN.  The only way I know how to prolong it is to spend as much time outside as I can, capture the moment in color, and eat lots of caramel apples.(side note: I stopped in at Fancy Pants Chocolates in town yesterday because I had heard that Nancy had caramel apples, and caught her right in the middle of making them. She handed me a honeycrisp covered in still-warm thick handmade caramel. It was wonderful.)

How are the seasons changing by you?

3 comments:

JennyPennyPoppy said...

The leaves are just barely starting to turn colour here in Saskatchewan, Canada. Your stones look lovely :)

Inspired By June said...

These are beautiful, Lisa. I love your colors! I hope, someday, to actually be able to buy one of your beautiful creations! Things change slowly here in south Texas - Lost Maples State park peaks in mid to late November. We definitely enjoy more than a week of Fall here :)

prpltrtl946 said...

Drooling!!! Lisa, these are so beautiful!! That word just doesn't do it! I love your Art! 8*)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails