Thursday, April 17, 2014

meadows on my table

I'll be holding a felting workshop in a few weeks, teaching some simple wool "painting" techniques.  My last felting class was cancelled due to weather so while I was working up this little example last night I was ignoring the 8 new inches of snow on my porch.  I refused to look.  Kind of the visual equivalent of sticking my fingers in my ears and saying "lalala I can't hear you!"

Surely, by May we'll have spring.

'Til then, I have flower-filled meadows on my table.

Happy Thursday, all.

8 comments:

marie said...

Very nice...I'm sure it will be a wonderful class. Wish MN wasn't so far away from MD. I would love to make a meadow for my table. It would be so much nicer than the sleet we had Tuesday night.
But, at least our snow is gone...and I can see green here and there. Wishing the same for you!

Lisa said...

Breathtaking!

darcox said...

How is your duck?

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thanks ladies!

darcox - Goose is good! I've just put some eggs in the incubator so in a month or so we'll find out if he's going to be a father. :)

Unknown said...

Oh how I wish I could take your felting class! Dont feel bad we had snow and ice here in Maine yesterday morning! Enough already with winter!

Unknown said...

You do such amazing work! Your creative stories always catch my interest.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever seen a "wool painting" before. What a nice idea.I haven't seen snow for about 5 years now so I kinda miss it. Call me crazy, but I'm ready to move back up north again.

Unknown said...

I love it! Is it for sale?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails