Saturday, April 05, 2014

arts-filled

 What an arts-filled week I've had.

  Aside from my day job with an arts non-profit, and my usual stone-making, I had the opportunity to take a felting workshop from the Textile Center, attend a wonderful event at Great River Arts in Little Falls, and celebrate local artist Greg Rosenberg, whose amazing agate lamps and stained glass now grace our local library.

Next week I'll help hang the artwork of schoolchildren in our gallery, attend a class with my kids where they'll paint cool fish, and then attend a block printing class by Carla Benjamin.

Whew!  There'll be hardly any time to do laundry!  (she says, not at all sad)

My life is not all art, of course, but it certainly is a wonderful part of it.

Have a great weekend all.  I hope art finds you too.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa-sounds like you have been having a great time! Wow that flower looks so real! I asume you made that! Have a fun weekend!:)

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thanks Kristy. Yes, I did make the flower. The class I took was very basic so I gave myself permission to play. The flower is the result of that. It was a very nice way to start the day. :) You have a fun weekend, too.

srsaeaa@gmail.com said...

Your felted flower is beautiful, Lisa!

PILAR6373 said...

Que bien has aprovechado el taller de fieltro,la flor es preciosa!!!!!
Y aunque la vida,no todo es dedicarse al arte,nos proporciona momentos maravillosos como éste!!!
Besos.

StaroftheEast said...

Lisa, I am so happy for you that working away from home has so taken a turn for the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails