Friday, March 21, 2014

stone completed - as in greece


I finished a stone yesterday for my project.  I had high hopes of having all of my stones completed by now but then life tangled my yarn and I had to focus on other things.  I'm not going to set an official deadline for myself, lest that tempt fate to throw more tangles my way, but for those of you who have been patiently waiting for me to stitch your stones, work is underway.

Today's stone came to me all the way from Greece where Ariadne gathered it from the beach at the foot of the the Olympus mountains.  The thought of the water guided me in the color choice for the wool and the idea of grecian ruins and the lovely bits of sea finds that Ariadne incorporates into her own work led me to add random stitches and clay beads.

I hope the stone captures a bit of what you experienced while gathering it, Ariadne.  Thank you for sending it to me.

The gathering slowly grows.

Happy Friday everyone!

8 comments:

Ariadne said...

Oh how gorgeous this stone looks! You have caught the colours and the bubbles and the beauty of it all! I hope your project will go really really well! I would love this stone one day to come back to me in Greece when you decide what you will do with them all!Thanks for the mention!AriadnefromGreece!

MiauMau said...

Can't wait to see what will happen to the one that i've sent you

Jacqui Wise said...

The colours and detail in your new stone are beautiful. Hope you get 'untangled' soon!

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Such a beautiful stone, my friend ! You are so gifted ! oxox

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa that stone is wonderful! Turquois and red is one of my favorite color combos. Awesome work as always! Have a great weekend!

srsaeaa@gmail.com said...

I just love this collection!

Marie Rose said...

Wow! These are amazing! I've often wishes I had the time and patience to make something so beautiful and detailed. You are very talented! Good luck with the rest of your project. I look forward to the next stone!

zamarzona said...

I cannot say how MUCH I LOVE those stones! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I too pick up stones tha catch my eye and what you do with them is just outstanding... Love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails