Monday, March 31, 2014

finger knitting and no work stuff

I promised myself that this weekend I would not do work stuff.  I mostly kept my word and instead dyed lots of fiber, made some yummy treats for the class I'm teaching tonight, and taught my youngest how to finger knit.  She caught on right away and soon she had taught her big brother how to do it.  So far she has made herself a scarf and a bracelet, with plans for a blanket in the works.
I just might have to learn to spin some of this wool, to keep her supplied with yarn.


How was your weekend?

Happy Monday, all.



5 comments:

Marilyn said...

I just learned how to finger knit too!!! and arm knit...so much fun to do and you can have a ten foot scarf in no time...your little one did really well...must take after her mama! :)

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

She's wonderful & so are you, mama !!
This past weekend I 've cleaned & tidied, worked out, ate out & baked, relaxed. Pretty good weekend.
xoxo

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa-Your kids are so cute! My mom used to finger knit with me when I was little-I forgot all about that! So cute to see them doing it. My weekend was great-lots of felting and beading! Had an extra day off today because it was so icey! I hope you have a great week!

StaroftheEast said...

Wow, the girl is a natural!
You better teach her to spin, than she can keep herself in wool :)

Julie Clay Illustration said...

Wow, I've never seen that done before and doesn't it look brilliant! Clever girl!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails