Thursday, April 04, 2013

boletus bicolor mushroom terrarium finished

 That little mushroom I showed you in yesterday's post has been completed.  It was inspired by the bicolor bolete (as clever Karen noticed yesterday), a lovely and edible mushroom.  I took a little liberty with the hue (hey, that's an artist's prerogative).

I added a slimy little friend, who I adore.  I had so much fun making him that I actually giggled while needling him into place.

I also added some pebbles and sporophytes in the moss, a signature touch for me.

I set this one into a piece of chokecherry from our woods.
You can see I'm gradually working a little larger.  Just wait until you see the next piece I'm working on.  It involves these:


This one will take me a little while to finish but hopefully I'll have a good start on it by this weekend.  I can't wait to show you when it's done.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

magnificently magnificent...

martine said...

the detail in your pieces is so beautiful and inspirational. thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

So, so amazing. I cannot wait to see your next piece!

srsaeaa@gmail.com said...

've suddenly developed a newfound appreciation for snails--I giggled just now! But I gasped when I saw the aubergine mushrooms. They are truly spectacular. Geez. :D

Mona said...

Such charming terrariums! Those purple beauties are really exquisite - did you use natural dyed wool for them also?

Olivia said...

Love, love, love the snail and those big purple mushrooms!

prpltrtl946 said...

That purple is my favorite!! I lean toward the cooler side of purples...that sounds funny! I guess it's a personal preference Freudian slip... 8*)

My point, I LOVE your ART!!! 8*)

StaroftheEast said...

Oh my, those purple mushrooms!!
I always miss your sales do to the time difference, I'll have to set the alarm clock in the middle of the night this time :)

Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL, I love your art.

Anonymous said...

These are so absolutely magical and beautiful! I keep coming back to admire and wish for them!

Studio Paars said...

Ooooh I love your little snail friend too! And I can't wait to see you next piece finished: those purple mushrooms look spectacular!

Liefs, Audrey

Margie Oomen said...

oh how i love your little friend. They always make me giggle too especially when i get little snail kisses on the palm of my hand.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails