Saturday, January 21, 2012

an unfocused muse


I'm having a little trouble with my muse.
She hasn't wandered off or anything, it's that lately she's been really into making toys for the kids, planning woodworking projects for the house, and baking.  That's all well and good, but as someone who makes their living, no matter how modest, from their work it would be nice if she could, oh I don't know, focus for a minute on that kind of work.

I'm going to do my best to get her to concentrate this weekend.  If you could all send some "focus, muse" vibes my way, I'd appreciate it. 

Ultimately, I think muse will appreciate it too...after she's made this last batch of bagels.

Happy weekend, everyone.

10 comments:

spread your wings said...

what a wonderful little piece.
I know exactly what you mean. I'm having a hard time with focus lately too.
sending focus vibes to you today. : )

candacejean said...

If you figure out how to get your muse settled down and holding still, do pass along the tip! I've been terribly unfocused lately too. Best wishes for studio productivity!

Pesky Cat Designs said...

My muse does that often as well. Enjoy the bagel making and spending time with your family! :)

Heather M. said...

I'm feeling the same way! Must be the time of year. I am attempting to make some income from what I make but have just started, so don't have any stock at the moment. And I was stalled by an aching arm after the stitch and craftfest that was December.

Dame De Coeur said...

bonsoir !!c'est un endroit magique ici j'adore vos créations !bien inspirée la muse !!
a bientôt

ellen said...

I am fairly certain that you do not know how many large and glorious sighs I sigh when I see all of the beauty that you create.
Truly, there is a huge intake of breath and long sigh of joy that just flows out of my body in amazement. It is all good for me and I thank you.
I hope that you will feel more comfortable and confident that the MUSE will return, tho. for me, it has never left your space.

Karen Larko said...

Me too. I still haven't started sewing yet. Yummy, bagels sound good!

Unknown said...

The leaf piece is so sweet! I am sending focus prayers your way, but I think you are just where you are supposed to be. xxoo, sus

nini said...

well, I hope you managed a bit of full-focus time this week-end
I think the problem might be in springy feel in the air... you know... we get a bit restless, so do our muses :)
anyways... here... I hope these vibes will help during the week :)

Margie Oomen said...

your family must really appreciate your focus these days though
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails