Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bags o' Buttons


I spent some time packing up 1-pound bags of vintage buttons from the giant tub of unsorted buttons I talked about yesterday.  As promised, I've added some to my de-stash shop, lilfishextras.  

To be sure I didn't go through the stash and "pick" I had my kids fill up the bags for me.  When they were done I  added one or two special buttons to each bag, just to be sure there were some fun things to discover in each.  A lot of these buttons will be utility buttons but I'm sure there will be some fancy ones and some "not buttons" in there too.  Fun!


Remember, you can enter the giveaway to win one of these bags for your very own by leaving a comment on yesterday's post.  Comments will be open until Fri. Jan 28.


I'll be working on adding more vintage buttons and other vintage goodies to the de-stash shop over the next few weeks so if that is your kind of thing, I'd love it if you'd stop by and have a look.
 
In other news, the weather has warmed up a bit here (20s! Yay!) so I hope to be able to get out to the barn and cut some wood buttons today.   Of course, this is dependent upon nap schedules around here, as most things are.  I've been working on a few more mossy heart brooches to put in my shop but am out of wood buttons.


Can you believe it? Me, short of buttons? Ha.

13 comments:

Dawn S. said...

The Mossy Heart is sooo beautiful!! It makes me happy just looking at it - I can only imagine the joy it would bring to touch it and wear it!

SaRaNarI said...

que bonito te ha quedado, es una buena idea ponerlos así !! y si es para un regalo todavia mas !!
besos !!

Pesky Cat Designs said...

That heart is absolutely beautiful!

Jude said...

Chiming in too on how beautiful the heart is.

Love the bags of buttons too. Like a mini Christmas in each bag. :)

Anonymous said...

lisa! buttons!!!!! oh my gosh. send some over here! :)

Brizel Handcrafts said...

I have loads of wood buttons :)

You can check out what i have listed in my supply shop on Artfire, here: http://www.artfire.com/users/BrizelSupplies but i have many more unlisted.

Feel free to contact me regarding your needs & I'm happy to list some stuff for you in my Etsy shop: brizel4TheAnimals :)

LOVE THAT green heart... oh YUM !

Tara said...

I love that mossy heart so much.

susan said...

I just adore those bags! Your mossy hearts are so darn sweet. Hurry up and go make more buttons

liniecat said...

Love that heart pin, and its just SO like moss!
Wood buttons, now heres a thing. Many years back I went to one of the Hobbycraft/Sewing for Pleasure/ Madeira shows we have over here in the UK.
A guy was selling a hand held cutting gadget to make mitreing easier when making picture frames, with reasonably narrow moulding.
It was a more solid secateur basically, very useful, I should have bought one!
But he was happily slicing away, willy nilly at narrow branches, maybe 1-2.5 " diameter. Most likely the young branches that are cut out when folks coppice trees?
Indeed customers could slice away too, to feel how easy the gadget was to use.
He had a huge box full of thin, fat, etc sliced pieces of wood with the bark still around the edges of course.
I was in a miniatures club and saw great possibilities for a project for our club, so cadged a carrier bag full of them before I went home!
They dried out really quickly and we used them in all sorts of mini ways BUT......the few I still have, it occurs to me, with two drilled holes in them would look much like the buttons youve used there!
And would be in keeping with your lovely natural style.
Know anyone coppicing at all?! :)

Margie Oomen said...

oh my oh my

Lisa-Marie said...

That mossy heart brooch is one of the most beautful things i've ever seen!

Also, the prospect of a mixed bag of undiscovered buttons, choose by children is rather a lovely idea(the teacher/nanny in me is delighted!)!

Terriea Kwong said...

The Mossy Heart is gorgeous, with the wooden button is icing on the cake. Love it.

lc said...

this is a beautiful little heart...
love it.
carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails