Tuesday, October 05, 2010

The Mushroom Tree


I was wandering around the yard the other day checking up on the chickens and having a look at the fall foliage when I noticed a tree by the wood pile that was covered in mushrooms. 




Aren't they fantastic? 


I was snapping pics when something at the base of the tree caught my eye.  The trunk has a hollow hidey spot and what was peeking out? 




Mushrooms playing a little hide and seek with me.

We seem to be moving quickly through autumn.  It's only been a few days and already the colors have turned more to red and brown and leaves cover the yard. 


Soon the poison ivy will be covered in white instead of showing off their pretty fall colors.


But let's not worry about that yet... instead let's roll in the leaves, wrap these gorgeous days around us, and make soup.  Winter can wait.

Happy Tuesday, all. 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

those mushrooms are both fantastic and FUNNY :)

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

wow, you & Margie may live in two different countries, but you both live in fungi heaven ! :)
thanks for sharing my friend. Loved the ones growing inside the tree AND the ones outside the tree ! :)
oxox

eidolons said...

Okay. I simply must come and live in your woods now. (:

Regina Moore said...

I totally agree...winter can wait! Let's enjoy autumn and try to make it last as long as possible. Lovin' your posts regarding mushrooms!!

Brizel Handcrafts said...

Only just beginning to see real signs of Autumn on my mountain top. it was 108F for days on end last week !

I think mushrooms like you... because they seem to seek you out... just to say hello :)

Your world is simply filled with mushrooms... do you dream of them ?

Unknown said...

You have captured some marvelous photos! I love the ones on the side of the tree. I wish I was 2 inches tall and could play among them!!

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Gorgeous!

NanaBeast said...

The mushrooms on the outside of the tree look like little stove pipes. All the woodland spirits are moving inside for the winter, making soup.

Now, I am all for rolling around in the crisp colorful leaves of fall, IF they aren't poison ivy leaves!

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thank you so much everyone, for stopping by.

You should all come and visit. I'll make soup and we'll have tea with the toadstools.

Terriea Kwong said...

Mushrooms are fantastic !! What a crispy autumn there ! Love the pictures you captured particularly the close ups of mushrooms on the tree trunks.

Valerie said...

Our fall is so very different living by the SoCal coast. We get cooler weather, but gloriously lovely days. This fall has been different, with lots of stormy weather. Wonder what the winter will bring? I certainly know it won't bring any MUSHROOMS, so I will have to rely on you to supply me with plenty of mushroomy goodness!
x, Val

Laura said...

Your mushroom tree reminds me of the "mushroom house". http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauraarual/5057841195/

Don't know how it got it's name but my sister & I have called it that for as long as I can remember!

Margie Oomen said...

we should do a forest swap one day:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails