Friday, August 08, 2008

From start to finish





It seems lately that I haven't been able to finish much of anything. We've hit a busy spell in our lives and many things we love have hit the back burner. Our yard is unkempt, our veggie garden needs weeding, the house is all a-clutter, and my crafting has stagnated. A frustrating thing to be sure, as I am normally quite a prolific thing-maker. Projects that I would normally whip through in a day are taking me weeks to complete and I'm feeling out of sorts. I guess that's why today I let out a big sigh of relief when I *finally* completed a project.


I've been working on an order of felted wool brooches in the shape of apples and oranges and today I finished the last one. I nearly did a cartwheel but not being sure if I could still do cartwheels, I settled for a squeal instead.


What had started out as discarded wool sweaters has been transformed through felting, dyeing, and sewing into (if I dare say so myself) cute little oranges and apples. I found a few shipping tags in the studio on which to display the pins and added a bit of recycled paper and vintage seam binding, just to finish it off. I'm pretty happy with them and I hope the dear customer will be as well.


My to-do list is still ridiculously long, but I feel bolstered by this one small feat and am setting off to accomplish more. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Those are wonderful, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails